"I regard the theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being." -Oscar Wilde

6/20/11

RR: tech

Out with the old and in with the new.
Or in my case: out with the Lungfish and in with the Romance.

It's funny--I'm starting a new show but my two characters have so much in common.
*Both are from New York
*Both have a unique sense of humor
*Both are very comfortable in their body
*Both of their names end in the letter "a".
*Both "cheat" on their significant other in some way

We ran through Romance Romance this morning, upstairs, because the theater wasn't performance ready yet. Came back at 2:15 though and NOW we're running through all the necessary cues.

Here's a pic from what I did this morning in rehearsal while Matt & Asha were working on music cues. :)

And somehow I was able to sneak a picture of Dan's stalker-ashe the other day. He refuses to have any pictures taken of him, which made this shot quite difficult to take.


David left yesterday around noonish, which was a bit sad. He's gone, our set is gone, and everyone's gung ho for the new show. I feel like we just opened the previous one. But as Neila reminded me last night, it IS the third week already.

Speaking of Neila: she's got me hooked on a guy from Grenada named Lavaman. Search for his song "Doh blame me" on youtube if you've got some free time. She laughs whenever we ride in my car & I play it on her ipod. Apparently he's not as well known with the "white" girls.

------------------------------------------------

We're still on Act 1. (Here's a shot from the opening number.)
The set looks like a giant pop up Valentine's Day card...

I'm off to listen to some Beguiled Again music, since I'll be choreographing that show in a few weeks. Hopefully we won't be at the theater too late tonight. But.. No promises. Ray Scott likes to take his time on lighting & sound cues. (And poor Chelsea can't get a word in edgewise, which, should NOT be the case since she's our stage manager.)

--------------------------------------------------

I should do laundry when I get the chance. All my clothes from Lungfish smell just wonderful.

Ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment