"I regard the theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being." -Oscar Wilde

8/1/11

Chicago

" Today is the youngest you will ever be." -Unknown

Scary but true. We all went to Chicago on our day off yesterday and I couldn't help but think (and by think I mean worry) "Should I consider living here next year?" "Or should I move to New York?" "Where am I supposed to go if no one offers me a job anywhere?" The quarter-life crisis is starting to set in.

How am I supposed to know what to do with my life after college ends? I'd love to be able to get a job but, which path am I supposed to take? The NY scene? Chicago theatre? Pilot season in LA? Cruise lines? Disneyworld? Stunt work? Modeling? Improv? MWTA? SETC? ITA??!!??!?


Then there's the "back-up" options. Waitressing. Catering. Bartender. Barista. Ballroom Dance instructor. WWOOFing. Photography. Writing. Painting. Blogging.. ..


Then there're the places I've always wanted to travel to, and the places I'd love to go BACK to. Ireland, London, Italy, Greece, Australia, New Zealand, France, Spain..

WHY CAN'T I DO IT ALL?!??
Or.. Why can't I know how I'm going to go about DOING it all?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are some of the shots from Chicago.
Got to see the Chicago River.
And explored Millennium Park!
Can't wait to be back in Chicago in 2 weeks! 
After that.. who knows when I'll return to the Windy City..


**If you would like to ease the ever-panicking mind of Danielle Gendron, contact her at dgendron2012@gmail.com with information regarding potential agencies, theatre jobs, or performance-based paying gigs. Danielle is willing to pick up everything and move to wherever it is she can find work after graduating in May of 2012. Complimentary gift baskets will be provided, as well as verbal affirmation to those with the capability of helping Danielle gain the necessary contacts to jump-start her career. <3**

No comments:

Post a Comment