"I regard the theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being." -Oscar Wilde

8/6/11

Taste of Michigan City

That's right.
I may have missed the Taste of Chicago, but I made it to the Taste of Michigan City. Accidentally.

There was a parade right outside the theatre during our 5pm performance today. Lots of drumming, gigantic boats, and people throwing beads.


Afterwards, I headed down Franklin to the Taste of Michigan City--happening today from noon to midnight. All the best food & drink places of Michigan City were there. So naturally, I helped myself to some cuisine. :)

The boats were parked all down Franklin and will be there til tonight. The race won't start til tomorrow though.

BEST PART: I got to sit in one of the giant speedboats! They explained how the inside of the boat works to me (throttle man + driver) and gave me the big tour. I was the only person over the age of 10 that wanted to walk on top of the boat, but I'm not ashamed.

             
 

2 comments:

  1. Good thing Dad wasn't here! We'd probably be driving one of those bad boys back to NC with us, haha. Looks like a lot of fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He needs to have one of his own. Seriously. If I ever make it big I'm buying him one to enjoy during retirement. He'd have a BLAST.

    ReplyDelete