"I regard the theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being." -Oscar Wilde

7/18/11

Tech Week

Rehearsals are going better. The guys are finally beginning to get their steps.

There've been lots of moments of frustration..

But the set looks great. (Here's the USO poster I painted.)

And even Brandon's getting in on some of the action.


In other news, I've befriended some of the bartenders down at McGinnis. Apparently they go to school in Limerick, IR, and are spending their summers here. Paul's kinda quiet, Dave looks like an Irish-version of Jacob Ockwood (but taller, cuter, and more loveable), and Jamie's shy. Jamie bought me a drink the other night though, and he and Dave came to see Beguiled Again (I gave them my two comps). They're definitely not theatre people--Dave had to work til 8 so the two of them didn't walk into the theatre until the third scene of the musical, when I was onstage. ... by myself. ... singing my own version of "Blue Moon". (It was so funny: at the end of the song Dave hoot & hollered.)

It's hard to understand Jamie at times because he likes to talk fast and mumble. There were times when Jamie and Paul spoke back and forth while Kaylee & I looked at each other as if to say, "What the hell?" They say "half 5" instead of 5:30, and text "pity" instead of pretty. And apparently "grand" isn't something that amazing at all: "grand" means "just okay".

They all go to college in Limerick, and I have absolutely no idea how they ended up in Michigan City for the summer, but I'm glad they did!

No comments:

Post a Comment