"I regard the theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being." -Oscar Wilde

7/7/11

Andrews Bros.

I went to my first production meeting this morning as a choreographer for the upcoming show, The Andrews Brothers. Chelsea will be staging it, but I get to put together the showy-dance numbers. For those of you who don't know much about the show, it takes place during the 40s and pays homage to the USO entertainers of World War II. It's a cute story of three male stagehands who end up filling in as the "Andrews Sisters" when the real Andrews Sisters are quarantined in Hawaii and can't make it to perform on time.

So it's like South Pacific, but with three guys in drag. :)
(The "board" bit is my favorite.)

Today I brainstorm ideas. Tomorrow I start teaching.
This is going to be fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment